ESTELLE'S BEAUTY BLOG
What to Eat for Healthy Hair
At the end of last year, we did a post on . If you missed that post, you can find it . In today’s post, we’ll dive a bit deeper into What to Eat to Get Healthy Hair. We personally don’t believe in strict diets as these are usually temporary and only lead to temporary results. Instead, we believe in maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
Food has an enormous impact on all body functions which shows up in how we feel and look. It also has a huge impact on our skin and hair. Having beautiful hair comes from within, so treating yourself good eating habits, regular exercise, and good sleep will help you to maintain beautiful hair.
Your body is exposed and infused with toxic load on a daily basis, which pops up as bad signs on your skin and hair. Unhealthy eating habits may also lead to unexplained fatigue, irritated skin, allergies, puffy eyes, and a bloating stomach. Keeping a healthy lifestyle and eating the right foods will help clean the blood, organs, and skin from toxins.
Maintaining a healthy eating habits can be hard. Cheap, unhealthy food is available everywhere we go. We are constantly surrounded by fast food restaurants offering daily deals. And, we even find candy at the checkout counter in most stores and shops.
So what should we be avoiding?
- Refined sugars and saturated fats
- Processed foods in general
You’ve probably heard of these before. So now that we’ve listed things we should be avoiding, how do we actually start making the necessary changes?
- Reading labels and saying no to added sugars.Eliminating added sugar from your life will make all the difference. Try to stay away from refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Make it a habit to read every food label to see if any sugar has been added to it before buying your food (this doesn’t include natural sugars found in fruits, veggies, and whole foods).
- Say yes to fruits, veggies and nuts.Make sure to always carry a healthy snacks in your bag. This will help you avoid getting to that starving point where you start craving foods that aren’t that great for you. Eating fruit, veggies, and nuts instead of processed food, candy and cookies will keep your sugar levels balanced all through the day. Remember that processed food, candy and cookies only give you a temporary energy rush which fades away quickly, leaving you tired and craving even more of the bad foods in less than an hour.
- Say yes to real meals.Start cooking more and exploring new healthy recipes. Search for new healthy recipes online, and try out new veggies or new ways of cooking. If you don’t have much time to cook, search for quick and easy recipes. A lot can be done in 15 min. There is so much information out there, you’ll find something that fits your schedule! If you find it hard to start a cooking habit by yourself, try to make cooking a bit more fun by putting on your favorite music or cooking with family and friends. Don’t have time to cook during the week? Set aside some time during your weekend to at least get you through half the week without cooking.
- Meal planning is key. Meal planning for the week and cooking more can help you reduce the amount of times you turn to fast foods. Decide what you’ll be eating for the week and make a grocery list for you to take with you while shopping for food. Make sure to follow your list. If it’s not on the list, then don’t put it in your basket. This will help you avoid getting things you don’t really need. It’s not only healthy, but it will save you a lot of money as well.
We know that keeping healthy eating habits can be difficult, but we also know that it can be done. We hope you found these tips helpful, and that you feel inspired to make healthier choices in your life.
Do you have any healthy tips you’d like to share with us? If so, please leave us a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Sign Up Now & Get Free Hair Tips
ESTELLE’S SECRET TO THE HIGH-PONYTAIL
It’s super long, super high, and super thick. It also happens to be the signature style for a top celebrity that for most people...
SELENA GOMEZ HAIR USING ESTELLE’S SECRET CLIP-IN EXTENSIONS
Selena Gomez has some of the most gorgeous celebrity hair! It’s so thick, shiny, and always slaying the hair game. One of her...
HOW TO CREATE TWO KIM KARDASHIAN LOOKS WITH HAIR EXTENSIONS
Kim Kardashian’s hair gives most of us ladies some serious hair envy. It is always on point! Whether she wears it straight, i...
HOW TO: BRAIDED FRONT HAIRSTYLE
Braided in the front, curls in the back—this is a classic romantic look! You can achieve it with a little bit of patience and...
COMBINED FISHTAIL BRAID
COMBINED FISHTAIL BRAID So, if you’ve never done a fishtail braid before, it can be a little intimidating but after you finis...
EASY SOPHISTICATED BRAID
Let me just tell you, you are about to get some serious cool points from your friends for this professional looking braid. Not ...
HOW TO: BRIDAL HAIR USING ESTELLE’S SECRET HAIR EXTENSIONS
So, someone’s getting married, and you want to look your bridal best. If you’re looking for the perfect wedding up-do, we�...
FALL INSPIRED BOHEMIAN PONYTAIL
Even though this is a fall-inspired style, this ponytail is stylish enough to wear any season, any day, and for any occasion! B...
FALL READY HALF-UP STYLES
Fall is a time for change. Leaves changing colors, tank tops to hoodies, iced lattes to pumpkin spiced, you get the idea! It’...
HOW TO EASY: CURL HAIR EXTENSIONS
Ok, I get it! Sometimes curling your own hair can take up enough time without having to worry about curling your hair extensions t...
HOW TO USE HAIR EXTENSIONS FOR THIN HAIR
If you have gorgeous, thick and voluminous hair, this tutorial is not for you, lol! Let’s face it, not all of us were blessed...
INSTANT LENGTH AND VOLUME IN THIN HAIR WITH ESTELLE’S SECRET HAIR EXTENSIONS
You don’t have to wait six months to have long hair! If you’ve been trying to grow your hair it out a while, but you’re r...
HOW TO: APPLY A NEW SHADE USING HAIR EXTENSIONS
Have you ever instantly regretted a do-it-yourself hair color treatment—especially going from dark to light? Maybe that sandy...
HALF-UP STYLE WITH ESTELLE’S SECRET HAIR EXTENSIONS
At one point, half-up styles took a back seat when it came to hairstyles but lately they have been super trendy and super hot! Par...
3 QUICK AND EASY HAIRSTYLES USING ESTELLE’S SECRET CLIP-IN EXTENSIONS
Real talk ladies, we’ve all been there! You wake up late, you throw on some clothes, and look in the mirror and think “what...
HOW TO: 6 QUICK & EASY HAIRSTYLES
Just when you thought we were running out of tutorial ideas, BAM! We got six new styles to show you guys! SIX! As always, all o...
GREEK GODDESS BRAIDED BUN
Sometimes it’s easy to forget but I am here to remind you that within each of you lies a goddess. A goddess that is uniquely ...
EASY RETRO STYLES USING ESTELLE’S CLIP-IN HAIR EXTENSIONS
Let’s take a trip down memory lane and remember all the glory of the 1960’s. True, it did have some pretty conflicted event...
HOW-TO: TWISTED SISTER HAIR TUTORIAL
Hello, ladies, I am back with this popular go-to style that takes about 3 minutes and can be worn in many different ways from a...
4 FAST AND EASY HAIRSTYLES USING ESTELLE’S SECRET CLIP-IN HAIR EXTENSIONS
Hey, lovelies! So, I definitely don’t indulge in celebrity related events and award shows but I do look at them every here an...
CREATE GLAMOROUS HIGHLIGHTS USING CLIP-IN HAIR EXTENSIONS
Every now and again, I get caught up with work or family and fail to even realize how completely boring my hair routine has got...
HIGHLIGHT USING EXTENSIONS INSTANT HIGHLIGHTS WITH ESTELLE’S SECRET HAIR EXTENSIONS
Have you ever done the fry-and-chop? Your friend had some flirty summer highlights, and you wanted to try them for yourself. Yo...
HOW TO: CLIP IN THE GLAM 22” HAIR EXTENSION SET
We all know it takes (seemingly) FOREVER to grow hair out. Maybe you wanted a drastic change, so you chopped it all off. And wh...
HOW TO: CLIP IN THE CLASSIC 20” HAIR EXTENSION SET
Want to volumize and lengthen your hair? Try hair extensions! You can make it happen in under an hour, and we’re going to sho...
HOW TO: CLIP IN THE CHIC 16” SET IN NORMAL HAIR
Overwhelmed by the idea of trying hair extensions for the first time? Don’t be afraid—volume can be yours in less than an h...
Video: How to eat for beautiful skin, hair and nails
How to Bring a Blind Pimple to a Head
Greatist Acquires Healthy Lifestyle Brand Blood, Sweat Cheers
4 Ways To Detoxify Your Body
Getting a Doula for Christmas
How to Quit Junk Food
When It Comes to Jogging, Easy Does It
How to Bake Simple Bread
Guzzle beer because it is good for you
How to Serve a Volleyball Overhand
Celebs Are Showing You How To Work A Red Pout In Summer
How to Make Fudge Brownies
How to Create Your Own Unique Baby Name
How to Become a Playwright