How to Know What a Girl Wants in a Guy
Although all girls have different preferences, there are some general characteristics that go over well with almost all women. Understanding what girls want is the key to winning their hearts. No one wants you to be someone you’re not, so make sure that you are true to yourself at all times.
Be honest, but not brutally honest.Girls like guys who are honest with them about things going on in their lives, but you don’t need to tell her when she isn’t looking 100%. Many people have rough days.
Ask her what makes her happy.Be direct to discover what specific things you should and should not do to ensure she stays happy. Having a relationship built on open communication and honesty is crucial to ensure that it's going to last.
Be understanding.A girl wants you to get to know her on a deep level so they don’t have to always explain herself. Learn to be empathetic to her and be able to understand things she is going through.
- Don’t dismiss her problems or concerns.
- Be aware of little things that upset her.
- Be willing to go out of your way to do the things she wants.
Listen actively during conversations.Girls like to talk; they want guys who truly listen and are able to open up and talk back as well. Communication is a two way street that requires both parties to listen and speak.
- Allow her to speak her mind without dominating the conversation.
- Listen without trying to solve all the problems.
- Rephrase what she says and repeat it back telling her you understand what she said.
Pay attention to non-verbal cues.Girls communicate with more than just words. Be aware of the signals she's sending when she isn't talking.
- Watch her body language to see if she likes something or if it makes her uncomfortable.
- Listen to the tone of her voice, not just the words, to find hidden inflections.
- Look into her eyes when she smiles. A true smile can be seen in the eyes and you can learn what makes her truly happy.
Compliment her to show her you care about her.A girl likes to be complimented not only on her looks, but also about her abilities like her intellect, sports skills, or sense of humor..
Don’t take her for granted.Girls like to be appreciated. Show gratitude when they do things for you, even the small things.
- Recognize and thank her for the things she does.
- Let her know you’re grateful through your words and actions.
Be strong for her.Strength is not just measured in physical prowess. Girls want a man who is supportive of their feelings, able to comfort them when they are feeling down, and provide a feeling of security.
- Take care of yourself financially. Girls aren't just after money, but most would like to know that you could provide if you have to.
- Be able to deal with situations that make her scared. Hold her during scary movies, and kill the creepy crawlies that get in the house.
- Help her move things that are heavy. You don't have to be a muscle man, but be able to help out when you're needed.
Stand up for what is right.Girls want to see a man who is willing to put himself on the line to defend what is right. This does not mean throwing punches and getting into physical altercations, but it is important to be willing to speak up if things aren’t going well.
- Send food back if it isn’t what was ordered.
- Stop people from bullying or picking on others.
- Sign petitions and be active in making the community better.
Follow through when you say you’ll do something.Being dependable is important to show that you can be counted on during hard times. If you are constantly procrastinating and telling a girl that you will do something later, she will wonder if you ever complete anything.
Using Your Intelligence
Know what is happening in the world.Knowing current events is not only great material for small talk, but also a great way to show a girl that you are smart and aware of the world around you.
Help her study.Being able to help a girl learn something new is a great way to make a connection. It can help you build common interests and also helps her see you as a knowledgeable provider.
Learn about arts and culture.Girls appreciate guys who have more than one dimension. If all you know about is sports statistics it might be harder to have a conversation with a girl. Learning about music and art are great ways to show her that you are interested in a variety of topics.
Know how to cook a meal.Girls want to know that they aren't the only one who is responsible for preparing food. Even if you only know how to make one meal, learn the recipe by heart so you can make her an amazing dinner without having to fumble through a cookbook.
Presenting the Right Personality
Have a good sense of humor.Being jovial and light hearted can help you make the people around you feel good. Laughing releases endorphins and reduces stress levels in the body.Girls want to feel good about themselves when they are with a guy, so if you can make them laugh, you’re doing a good thing.
Be respectful to everyone around you.Being cocky or a jerk makes you look like you don’t care about others' feelings. Girls like guys that show respect to them, their friends, and other people.
Support her dreams and desires.Be willing to help her along the way to achieving her goals. It is important for girls to know that they have someone who is in their corner and will provide encouragement when they want to do something.
Understand that girls change their minds.Everyone changes what they want from time to time. Even if a girl liked something one day, it is not guaranteed that she will like it tomorrow. Be willing to accept changes and go with the flow to keep her comfortable and happy.
Care about her and others.A girl wants a guy who is caring and compassionate. She needs to know that she is your number 1 and wants you to take an interest in her life. Showing true compassion in front of a girl shows her that you are capable of loving.
Looking your Best
Keep yourself well groomed.Staying well groomed shows a girl that you can take care of yourself and are not lazy.
- Brush your hair and keep it well trimmed.
- Keep facial hair neatly trimmed or shaved.
Wear stylish clothing.Clothes that are not dirty or torn help you look presentable. You can personalize your style to make it uniquely yours; however, you want to make sure it isn’t too wild or you may end up turning girls away.
Shower or bathe regularly to cut down on body odor.Girls like a man who smells good. Don’t overdo it with cologne or body sprays, but make sure that you don’t smell like a locker room either.
Exercise regularly.You don’t need to go to the gym daily to bulk up, but it is important to take care of your body. Girls like guys to be fit; you don’t want to look like you just sit and play video games or watch TV all day.
- Ask her friends what specific things she is interested in a guy to focus on the right topics.
- Using multiple approaches is your best bet to find out what a specific girl wants in a guy. Most girls want well rounded guys, so don't only focus on one area.
- Girls like to hint at what they want instead of outright telling you, so make sure that you give her undivided attention when she is talking to you.
- If a girl lets you know she isn’t interested in you, let her be. Don’t harass her or insist that she should be your friend.
- Don’t act like someone you aren’t or girls will be able to tell you’re being fake.
- Not all women are the same. Don’t pretend to know everything that all women want.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français: , Nederlands:
About This Article
Aug 15, 2019
Aug 12, 2019
Jul 2, 2019
Feb 22, 2019
Dinesh Kumar Paul
May 29, 2019
May 21, 2019
Video: How to Tell If a Girl Wants You?
How to Make Shawarma Rice
A Child Reportedly Destroyed Over 1,000 Worth of Makeup at Sephora
MAC Drops Oh Sweetie Lip Gloss Collection
Just Keep Your Nose Above the Waterline
Does the World Need a Shampoo That Vibrates’ at the Frequency ofLove
How to Become a Friend
Jay-Zs Version of Friends Is One of the Most Important Music Videos of the Year
Top 15 Triceps Exercises For Women
TV BAFTAS: The A-list Experience
Google shuttle bus kills Google employee across from Mountain View campus
How to Get the Halo Eye MakeupLook
Your August Sex Horoscope: Time To Experiment With Something New
This Split-End Sealing Lotion May Just Render Regular HaircutsObsolete
Here’s what skipping breakfast actually does to your body